Los Angeles 310 421-8107

Search Engine Optimization: SEO

For Immediate Assistance Text

310 995-1734

SEO: Every Hermosa Beach Business Needs It!

Organic searches make up the bulk of all clicks on Google, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) gets businesses to show up at the top of these organic search results.

Why is it important to be at the top?

  • 84% of searchers in Hermosa Beach and cities everywhere skip paid ads and click on
    organic search results*
  • 99.2% of people never scroll to page 2**
  • 75% of clicks go to the top 3 organic listings**
  • 31% of clicks go to the #1 organic position**


*BestSEOCompanies.com, 2020
**Backlinko, 2019

Our Keyword Selection Process: Initial Research

Once your account is set up, our SEO experts conduct extensive research on your keywords so we can select the right ones for your business. It’s the first step in doing what we do best—getting your website on the first page of Google!


We examine your website and discover more about your business. Your input is very important to the success of your SEO campaign. Knowing what you do, why you do it, who your clientele is, and how you position your products/services gives us invaluable insight into selecting the right keywords.


We research your industry, compiling a list of keywords people search for within that industry to strongly position you against your competitors. Competitive research is also conducted and taken into account for possible gains in keyword positioning.


We research search trends so we can craft regional keyword phrases that will drive as much traffic to your website as possible.

4 Stage Keyword Quality Vetting Process

When research is complete, we’ll have a list of strong keywords for your campaign. To select the best keywords from that list, we put each keyword through a rigorous system of testing and scoring in four key categories.

Competitively Balanced

Instead of looking for keywords with the most search activity around them, we choose words and phrases with enough activity to drive significant traffic to your site, but not so much activity that they’re too competitive to rank for.

Intent to Buy

We interpret “searcher intent”—the action searchers intend to take—for each
keyword. This helps us identify people who are more likely to come to your site ready to make a purchase rather than targeting users who are simply looking for information.


We look at your budget, compare it to the keywords on your list, and select ones in the right price range—we want to make sure there is enough budget to fund the amount of work necessary for a successful campaign.

Current Rankings

We look through your list of keywords to identify any you might already be starting to rank for. With a little extra help, we’ll get these keywords on the first page. Once they stabilize, we’ll target new keywords. These medium-ranking keywords will take priority as we make final keyword selections.

All of these factors help us choose keywords that have the best chance of reaching the first page of Google in 6 months. Targeting quality keywords helps build your online presence and attracts new customers looking for your products/services!

86% of our clients get on the first page of Google within 6 months. What happens to the other 14%?

Setting Expectations

The biggest reason businesses rank for highly competitive keywords is they often have years of history optimizing for them. Clients who wish to overtake their top ranking competitors need to do more to build their trust and relevance with Google, which takes time; even more so if your client has a smaller budget.

For local campaigns, we build our client’s presence in their physical location before expanding their reach to surrounding areas. Google won’t recommend a business outside their searcher’s area if that business isn’t trusted in their own circle of influence first.

Our SEO clients are incredibly successful ranking online because we advise them to avoid going after the most highly competitive keywords in their industry or region—at least at first. We target keywords that have the most realistic chance to succeed and build Google’s trust in the quickest and most effective way possible.

Follow our keyword recommendations to be part of the 86%!
Skip to content